Monday 26 July 2010

Ducks (v.2).

****************************************************************************************

I put my shoes on, and I went to sit by the lake.


It was a Tuesday afternoon.




A duck wandered up to me, so I took off my earphones and respectfully nodded at the duck.


"What you listening to?", said the duck.

"Belle & Sebastian", I replied.


The duck rolled its eyes.




"Their newer stuff isn't the best", it said.

I sighed, and nodded in agreement.




"What day is it today?", said the duck.

"It's Tuesday - all day", I said, and offered the duck some Haribo.


"Nah, I'm not hungry", it said, "but thanks anyway".






"Is it true that Woolworths has gone under?", it said.

"Yup", I replied, "it's true".








"Ok, see you later", said the duck, as it waddled off.

"Cheers, see you in a bit", I said.


****************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment