Saturday 6 November 2010

Nothing Rhymes with Nothing: Nina Simone.

****************************************************************************************

Music for your listening pleasure...


The gloriously wonderful Eunice Kathleen Waymon, better known as 'Nina Simone'.

I remember my good friend Joseph Ouseph being very excited to get his hands on a ticket to see her play live circa '02/'03, as she had just announced a rare tour of the UK.

Unfortunately Nina cancelled the tour due to ill health, and sadly died soon afterwards.

Here she is with a brilliant performance in Harlem, 1969:





Click here for my favourite song of hers, introduced to me by Joseph.

It's from the album 'Nina Simone and Piano', which I simply can't recommend highly enough.


****************************************************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment